Day 1 of the tour involved me being picked up at The Rydges Hotel in Hobart at 07:00. The day included Pirates Bay, Waterfall Bay, Tasmanian Unzoo, Port Arthur Historic Site, Harbour Cruise, Chocolate Factory visit, Richmond & Hobart Lookout. Throughout the day my driver, Connor was a font of knowledge. He was extremely friendly and went the extra mile to make sure the day was a complete success. Well done Connor, it was a pleasure to me you.
The BIG 3 Tasmania tour starts in Hobart and fnishes in Launceston.This incredible 3 day adventure takes in 3 of the most beautiful and iconic tourist attractions here in Tasmania - visit historic Port Arthur, Wineglass Bay & Cradle Mountain national park all in just 3 action packed days! ...
See the BIG 3 highlights of Tasmania in just 3 days!
During 3 action packed days, our BIG 3 Tasmania tour explores some of our Island’s most scenic and world-renowned locations. Visit the world heritage Port Arthur Historic Site and enjoy the action of a Tasmanian Devil feeding. Visit local historic towns, taste delicious local products and enjoy some fascinating stories along the way. We walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout for some of the world’s best coastal scenery. Keep your eyes open and your footsteps light to encounter our local animals in the wild. Finally, we finish our trip in Launceston after a huge day out at Cradle Mountain, an area of immense grandeur with amazing walks and scenery. Enjoy the diverse scenery, abundant wildlife and huge ACTIVE and fun days exploring the BIG 3 Tasmania with our amazing guides.
Day 1: Port Arthur & Tasmanian Devils
Departs Hobart at 7.30am, Returns Hobart 6.00pm
Overnight: Hobart (accommodation by own arrangement)
Day 1: Highlights
- Visit Port Arthur Historic Site (2.5 hours)
- Explore the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo
- Experience the ferocious action of a Tasmanian Devil feeding!
- Photograph spectacular views from the Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade, 2km)
- See the Tasman National Park highlights – Devils Kitchen & Tasman Arch
- Enjoy the stories from Pirates Bay Lookout, Eaglehawk Neck & The “Dogline”
- Sample the local chocolates made at Federation Chocolate Factory
- Visit historic Richmond Village
- Enjoy the spectacular view at a local Hobart City lookout
Day 2: Hobart to Launceston via Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park
Departs Hobart 7.30am, Returns Launceston 6.30 - 7.00pm (bring your bags today!)
Overnight: Launceston (accommodation by own arrangement)
Day 2: Highlights
- Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park - Honeymoon Bay & Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Reward yourself with local hand-crafted ice cream or a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie at the end of the day!
Day 3: Cradle Mountain World Heritage Area
Departs Launceston 7.30am, Returns Launceston 6.30 - 7.00pm
(Final day – returning to your Launceston accommodation around 6.30pm)
Day 3: Highlights
- Explore Cradle Mountain National Park & World Heritage Area (4-5 hours)
- Stand on the shore of the spectacular setting of Dove Lake
- Enjoy some short introductory walks and interpretation to the area
- Walk along the “Rainforest City” & “Pencil Pine Falls” tracks
- Take on the Dove Lake circuit walk (easy grade 2-3 hours)
- Or, take on the harder walk to the lofty views of Marion’s Lookout (medium grade 2-3 hours)
- Explore the historic Weindorfers Chalet
- Walk amongst the ancient King Billy Pines on Weindorfers Forest Walk
- Visit Sheffield the ‘Town of Murals’ with over 30 murals painted across the town showing the history of the area.
Age Restriction: 8
Fitness Requirement: Normal fitness
What To Bring
The BIG 3 Tasmania operates as follows:
Day 1: Departs Hobart 7.30am, Returns Hobart around 6.00pm (overnight Hobart accommodation by own arrangement)
Day 2: Departs Hobart at 7.30am, Returns to Launceston around 7.00pm (overnight Launceston accommodation by own arrangement) **Bring luggage onboard today**
Day 3: Departs Launceston at 7.30am, Returns to Launceston around 7.00pm
Each tour day, pick up commences from 7.00am from central Hobart - Hotels/Backpackers. Please ensure this is all arranged in advance so pick up times can be confirmed at the time of booking.
Seasonal departures as follows:
Departs: Monday, Wednesday and Friday (1 Nov - 30 April)
Departs: Wednesday and Friday (1 May - 30 Oct)