Picked up by tour guide Jack who was excellent, very knowledgable and friendly. Learnt a lot on the way up there about Tassie and the local wildlife and enjoyed the fresh seafood lunch. Jack was very flexible with the group (if people wanted to get takeaway lunch and see the sea that was fine or stay and eat etc) and he ferried us about happily showing us beautiful hidden beaches off the beaten track on route.
Wineglass bay was lovely. The group split between those who wanted to do the long or the short hike, I did the long one and really enjoyed exploring the beach.
There seem to be a few grumbles about a long time in the van on the thread but aside from magic I don't see how that could be changed and the minibus was certainly comfortable enough! A long but lovely day and would recommend.
Walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout to see one of the “World’s Top 10 beaches!” Join us for a fun & action- packed day as we discover Tasmania’s East coast. We enjoy a variety of short walks, National Park coastal views & tasty local food opportunities ...
Walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout to see one of the “World’s Top 10 beaches!”
Join us for a fun & action- packed day out as we discover the “Jewel in the Crown” of Tasmania’s east coast. We enjoy a variety of short walks, National Park coastal scenery & delicious local food opportunities along the way (local oysters, berries, ice-creams and hand-made chocolates!)
Wineglass Bay is nestled in the Freycinet National Park on the East Coast of Tasmania. One of Tasmania’s first National Parks this is a coastal area rich in stunning landscapes. Pink granite mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and walking trails.
- Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park - Honeymoon Bay & Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Reward yourself with a tasty ice-cream at Kate’s Berry Farm – delicious!
- Check out the unusual convict built Spiky Bridge
Age Restriction: 8
Fitness Requirement: Good Mobility and Adequate Fitness
What To Bring
Pick up commences from 7.00am from central city Hobart - Hotels/Backpackers (no Air BnB's). Please ensure this is all arranged in advance so pick up times can be confirmed at the time of booking.
Duration: 1 Day
Departs: Hobart 7.30am
Returns: Hobart 7.00pm